What is this festival?
Festival is the one where you can enjoy music, dance, food, and drink but Panagbenga Festival 2019 can offer you more. What is the meaning of Panagbenga festival? The meaning of Panagbenga festival in the English language is the flower festival or season of blooming in Kankanaey language. It has been celebrated to welcome the new season of the flower. It was first celebrated to raise money for the devastation of the 1990 Luzon earthquake.
Why is it very famous around the world?
What can you expect from the festival if you are planning to attend it? Following, I am sharing detail about everything to help you to give some understanding about this festival which is not just unique but fun to attend with friends and family.
The meaning of Panagbenga festival in the English language is the flower festival or season of blooming in Kankanaey language.
It has been celebrated to welcome the new season of the flower. It was first celebrated to raise money for the devastation of the 1990 Luzon earthquake.
Panagbenga Festival Schedule of Activities:
If you are the one who has planned to attend this festival of follower or season of blooming, then you must know about the Panagbenga Festival schedule of activities in advance so that you can plan in much better way and enjoy the festival more as compared to those who do come there without planning.
Following I am sharing the detail about the Panagbenga Festival activities along with the schedule of activities to help you to know in advance that when and what you should expect there.
- The festival will start with an opening parade at 1st of the February.
- The competition of street dance and parade will be held on 4th Saturday of February
- The famous Trade Fair and Bazaar will be open for public from 1st Saturday of February to 1st Sunday of March
- Explore the beauty of flowers in Session Road in Bloom from 4th Monday of February to 1st Sunday of March
- To enjoy the Grand Float Parade reach the venue on 4th Sunday of the February
- End the fun of festival in the closing ceremonies which will take place on 1st Sunday of March.
How to Make Your Trip More Interesting: (Festival Tips)
- Plan a trip in last the weeks of the festival because most activities took place in those days.
- Book a hotel room near the venue so that you can easily attend all the activities
- Reach at the venue early in the morning to not miss the best view by selecting the best spot
- Eat at the road side to enjoy the view of the parade, dance, music, flowers and much more
- Talk photos with flowers of all kind as it is hard to find so many different flowers at one place.
- Enjoy the Panagbenga Festival music which is famous for beautiful talent, sound, and lyrics
- And watch Panagbenga Festival dance where street dance shows you their moves.
- Explore the Trade Fair and Bazaar and buy something special for your friends and family members
- Explore the rest of the city and it is a popular tourist spot of the country.